About The IBA
This organisation was formed by a small group back in 1968 to encourage research and promote an exchange of ideas on the Bryozoa. Since its foundation it has grown into an association numbering some 200 members world-wide, and covering both the fields of palaeontology and zoology.
Every three years the IBA runs an international conference from which papers are published as a proceedings volume. These books have become definitive works within the field of bryozoology owing to the scope and strength in depth of the articles.
View the Constitution for the IBA
The objectives of the International Bryozoology Association are:
- to encourage research on Bryozoa and stimulate others to participate and co-operate through informal meetings and correspondence
- to provide a forum for exchange of ideas
- to establish a means and an opportunity for personal contact and interaction in aiming for better mutual understanding
- to serve as a liaison among bryozoologists
- to introduce new students to the workers in this field
Any individual who supports the objectives of the I.B.A. and is willing to contribute to the achievement of those objectives is qualified for membership.
As a member of the IBA you will:
- be eligible to hold elective positions in the association and shall have the right to vote for the various elective offices.
- be eligible to give presentations at IBA conferences
- receive the newsletter BRYOZOA which contains information on (1) recent publications by members, (2) announcements of conferences, workshops, etc.(3) membersí views
- receive a listing of all IBA members
If you would like to join the IBA, please fill in an application form on the membership page
Abigail M. Smith
Department of Marine Science
University of Otago
PO Box 56, Dunedin
IBA Secretary & Newsletter Editor
Senior Lecturere Palaeontology
Deputy HOD (Academic)
Department of Geological Sciences
University of Canterbury
Private Bag 4800
Christchurch 8140, New Zealand
IBA Council Members 2007-2013
IBA Council Members 2010-2016
IBA Council Members 2013-2019
Hans de Blauwe
A membership list can be found here